Bethany Noel Mota, also known as her screen name MacBarbie07, is an American vlogger, beauty and lifestyle guru.
Bethany was born on November 7th, 1995 in Merced County, California to Tammy Mota and Tony Mota. She was homeschooled most of her life alongside her sister, Brittany, whom is five years older than her. However, she starting attending public school from third to sixth grade. Growing up, Mota was bullied and soon began struggling with depression and anxiety. She decided to get out of bed one day and watch some YouTube videos, thus her finding the beauty community. She stacked some books (she didn't have a tripod at the time) and began to record her first video in 2009. She gained popularity from her hauls and makeup tutorials. Her channel has gained over 10 million subscribers as of July 2017.
To view the Bethany Mota gallery, click here.
- She has been featured in various magazines, such as Teen Vogue, 17 Magazine, and Girls Life.
- She is five foot three and a quarter tall, as of July 2014.
- She is left-handed.
- Her channel consists of makeup tutorials, DIY projects, fashion, makeup and beauty hauls, etc.
- She was the host for one season of Make Me Over, apart of the reality TV series AwesomenessTV.
- She is of Portugese and Mexican descent.
- She has made appearances on the web show IMO, also hosted by AwesomenessTV.
- She orders from Starbucks quite often.
- She has a niece, Marin Mae Wiley.
- In December 2013, she announced that she was launching a clothing line at American mall-based retailer Aeropostale.
- She has released a single featuring Canadian producer and vocalist Mike Tompkins, titled "Need You Right Now".
- She was featured as a guest judge on season 13 of Project Runway, a reality TV shows where clothing designers compete.
- She has won 3 Teen Choice Awards, and 1 Streamy.
- She was a contestant (alongside ballroom dancer and choreographer Derek Hough) on season 19 of American dance competition show Dancing with the Stars.
- She went on a tour to launch and promote her clothing line's spring collection.
- She interviewed President Barack Obama on January 22, 2015, alongside YouTubers Glozell Green and Hank Green.
- She was named one of "The Most Influential Teens of 2014" by Time magazine in 2014 and 2015.
- She has been featured in several YouTubers React episodes (a series by youtubers Ben and Rafi Fine, whereas people in the YouTube community react to viral videos, participate in challenges, etc.)
- She has a dog named Winnie.
- She loves animated films such as Up, the Despicable Me franchise, Frozen, etc.
- She enjoys teen drama TV shows, such as Pretty Little Liars, Teen Wolf, etc.
- She made appearances in the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 YouTube rewind videos.
- She won the Teen Choice Award for Female Webstar, alongside fellow YouTuber Tyler Oakley (who won Male Webstar).