Bethany Noel Mota, also known as her screen name MacBarbie07, is an American beauty/lifestyle guru.
Bethany was born on November 7th, 1995 in Los Banos, California. She was homeschooled most of her life alongside her sister, Brittany, whom is five years older than her. Growing up, Mota was bullied and soon began struggling with depression and anxiety. She decided to get out of bed one day and watch some YouTube videos, thus her finding the beauty community. She stacked some books (she didn't have a tripod at the time) and began to record her first video. She gained popularity from her hauls and makeup tutorials. Her channel now has over 8 million subscribers as of March 2015.
To view the Bethany Mota gallery, click here.
- She has been featured in various magazines, such as Teen Vogue, 17 Magazine, Girls Life, etc.
- She is 5'3.25" tall
- Her channel consists of makeup tutorials, DIY projects, fashion, makeup and beauty hauls, etc.
- She was the host for one season of Make Me Over, on the reality TV series AwesomenessTV.
- She has made appearances on the web show IMO, also hosted by AwesomenessTV.
- She orders from Starbucks quite often.
- She is the aunt of her sister's baby, Marin Mae Wiley.
- In December 2013, she announced that she was launching a clothing line at American mall-based retailer Aeropostale.
- she was a contestant (alongside ballroom dancer and choreographer Derek Hough) on season 19 of American dance competition show Dancing with the Stars
- She went on a tour to launch and advertise her clothing line's spring collection.
- She has been featured in several YouTubers React episodes (a series by youtubers Ben and Rafi Fine, whereas people in the YouTube community react to viral videos, participate in challenges, etc.)
- She has a dog named Winnie.
- She loves animated films such as Up, the Despicable Me franchise, Frozen, etc.
- She enjoys teen drama TV shows, such as Pretty Little Liars, Teen Wolf, etc.
- She made appearances in the 2013 and 2014 YouTube rewind videos.
- She won the Teen Choice Award for Female Webstar, alongside Tyler Oakley (who won Male Webstar).